Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Move-in day

So, after years of community college, a graduation, and a long summer of work, move-in day finally arrived. I am typing this from my iPod in my new dorm room. And I have to say, so far, it's been pretty suite.
Har har har.
But seriously though. It's a suite.
And it's pretty cool.

Today was pretty crazy, I have to say.
Move-ins began early, so early was when I had to arise, and due to the unexpectedly long time it took to pack and the fact that I visited a friend at his graduation party, I did not get to bed until late.
Anyway, after finishing up packing, Mom, Banana, Patar, and I all left for my university.

The drive was pretty uneventful, and soon we got to what was going to be my home for the next nine months.
After unloading my stuff, and after literally running across town to get my student ID (a necessity which my orientation leaders failed to supply) we were moving in.

Now, since I had to pack that morning, we had left a little earlier than planned. I expected all of my roommates to be there already, but surprisingly, none had showed up yet (the first one showed up probably three or four hours later).
Thus, I had first pick when it came to my bedding area, which was nice. Setting stuff up in a neat and orderly fashion was relatively easy.

My roommates are all pretty chill, which is a cool thing.
Unfortunately, I'm a transfer student living in an upperclass dorm, so most people there know each other already.
But I've met some cool people anyway.

To be honest, it is a little scary going into a completely new situation. But hey, life isn't interesting if you don't throw yourself out into the water every once in a while, no?
Besides, they have a Catholic student union, and I know one of the members already, so that's cool.
It'll be good to meet people who share my faith.

Anyway, right now I'm chilling in my room. There's a baseball game going on nearby and I can hear the announcer loud and clear through my open window. It's kind of annoying, but whatever. I can live with it.
My roommates are gone, except one who's watching YouTube videos in the next room.
One of my roommates has yet to show. It's pretty funny actually.

Ah, life is interesting.

Don't know what awaits me tomorrow, but I have to say, I am certainly looking forward to it.

It's cool to be living away from home anyway. I'm really looking forward to the club fair. Hopefully I'll join some vocal ensembles and some good clubs, maybe a frat... I dunno.

Anyway, I just installed a blogger app on my iPod, so I'll probably be posting more often.

Hasta luego!
T-WAC

P.S. this is my room. Pretty not bad, and it makes me feel pretty cool to know that I'm a heck of a lot more organized than my roommate, LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!