Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Just a few more days....

I just have a few more days until the start of the next semester.
Needless to say, I am exceptionally psyched, given the fact that I've been bored out of my mind for the past week. I mean, once you start school, you don't know what to do with yourself when school isn't there.
My class list is pretty mundane, and I'm down to three again:
Abnormal psychology: I get to learn all about depression, eating disorders, cutting, suicide, antisocial personality disorders, schizophrenia, the effects of all forms of abuse on the minds of children and adults, and all of that happy, happy stuff.
Trigonometry: Fun with numbers! Except now, I have to do it with triangles, polygons, and other crazy things!
Beginning Spanish I: Yo ablo espanol? Si. Que pasa? Burritos? Tacos?

Yeah, pretty mundane. But I'm gonna know three people from my psych class, and I'm probably gonna be able to take the bus home with one of my friends from Engineering Graphics class until February. Which will be cool.
Then I'm taking Calculus I and Physics I over the summer, and then I'm heading right into Chemistry I, Calculus II, C++, and some other class that I don't remember. Back up to four. And then I'll be taking two classes over the summer after that two. I'll have graduated by Spring, 2014.
Yeah, it's a two-year school, and I've already been here for a year. But I had to finish my prerequisites. I mean, I could probably be at least halfway done with a liberal arts degree by now. But hey, I'm a total nerd. I love science.
SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE!

Completely random, I know.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
And from there, it's off to live in a dorm, where hopefully I won't have the steriotypical nightmarish roommate hosting drug/alchohol parties while I'm trying to study for a particularly pressing exam. In fact, I don't want them hosting parties in my dorm AT ALL. I'm there to learn, not party all night and have to endure Quantum Physics class with an agonizing hangover.

Aside from that, throughout the duration of this vacation, I've, at the suggestion of one of my friends from school, started watching a TV show called "Daria."
Basically, it's about a teenage girl who speaks in a monotone and responds to most external stimuli, particularly that which comes from her family, with snide remarks, and comments that drip with apathetic sarcasm. It's absolutely hilarious. I find her monotone and sarcastic remarks hysterical. There are five seasons, and I've almost finished the third season. And surprisingly, it hasn't lost much yet. Usually a concept like this, around the third season, would have been completely ruined by a lack of originality by now. So, I must give it kudos.
For those of you who are wondering, here are a few of Daria's funniest quotes.

Anyway, in brief regard to those rather negative-themed posts a while back, I'm actually doing much, much better now. Perseverence is paying off. Just like it always does.

Oh, I bought "Imaginaerum" by Nightwish finally! It's absolutely amazing!

I'm going to be teaching starting at 9:00 AM tomorrow. That's when I usually get up. Crud.
Oh well. Soon enough, I'll be being jolted awake by the blaring sound of drums, heavy electric guitars, and orchestra or synthesizer, exploding from my radio at 6:00 AM. Then catching a bus and getting school at 8:00 for a class at 9:00. That gives me an hour to write music/write stories/write lyrics/do homework/work the heck out at the gym.
And speaking of things like that....
The other day, I was sick of sitting on my posterior end, so I got down on my back on the floor and started rapidly doing crunches. I did a whole bunch of them, probably for a minute straight, then stopped. Thirty seconds later, I was restless again. Boom. Another minute of rapid crunches. Thirty seconds after that. Another. I was convinced that I would make my abs hurt. It's the good kind of hurt. The hurt that means you worked hard, and are now getting stronger. Anyone who works out knows what I'm talking about. Anyway, the next day, I had an awful tightness in my stomach. It made me feel sick. I later remembered that I hadn't worked my abs like that in well over three months. Ouch. I'm almost better today.
Anyway, I'm gonna have to watch it when I go to the gym. Something tells me that getting on the bike for ten minutes with the difficulty increasing each minute like I did last Spring semester would NOT be a good idea.

Oh, lastly, a few days ago, because I was bored, and because I have no life, I was reading over my blog from the beginning, and I found that, when this started, I was writing funny things that had happened in my household. I laughed as I recalled Patar's unintentional swearing, our unorthodox dog training, all of those fun things.
I remembered how much fun that was to write about. And I decided that I'm gonna do that more often.
'Cause hey, in a family of seven, soon to be eight, anything can happen. And I mean anything.
I mean, there have been periods of time where Patar and The Bruiser have meandered aimlessly around the house, chanting in rhythmic, sing-song voices, miscelaneous, nonsensical collections of words and phrases until I start to think to myself, "If I hear 'Everybody DIE! 'Cause I'm a pretty butterfly!' in that sing-song tone one more time, I'm going to rip my shirt, turn green, and grow seven more feet upward and outward, screaming 'Hulk smash' like the intelligent scholar that I am."

Anyway, that's all folks.
I need to get to bed, 'cause I don't want to be half-asleep for teaching tomorrow.
I mean, I do teach my best classes when I have no clue what I'm doing, and I have no plan whatsoever (improvise the heck out of it), but that is null and void when I'm fighting to keep my eyes open.

Until next time,
T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!