Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Spring semester!

It's here. Spring semester.
The time of laziness is over.
I am currently posting when I should be doing physics or calculus homework, but whatever. I'll get it done later. I'm good like that.
So far, my classes are going okay-ish.

Let's start with Calculus. My teacher is extremely well-organized in terms of lesson planning. I have a few friends in that class, which makes me happy. We do math and stuff. Enough said.

Physics II. It is in starting this class that I come fully understand how truly TERRIBLE my physics I teacher was. I'm definitely struggling -- more than I have in any class so far -- but I think I'll manage. My teacher is amazing, a woman in her thirties, though she looks about twenty-three. She tends to joke around with the class a lot, explains everything in graphic detail, and has more than once complimented me on my sense of style. I know what some of you are thinking, particularly those who know me. T-WAC? A sense of style? Isn't this the guy who throws a random t-shirt and a pair of jeans on before he leaves the house?
Well, I still do the same thing. Only difference is, Hot Topic decided to have a sale, and, since I had only two pairs of jeans that actually fit, I thought I would buy some. So now I go about school sporting jeans of maroon, blood-red, olive-green, or purple. Or just regular blue, depending on the day. And my physics teacher noticed. And she has complimented me on it.

On to Sociology. My classmates are mildly interesting. My teacher teaches at a snails pace and goes off on lots and lots of random tangents. But I have learned a very important lesson so far, one that he has made clear, though his point has not been explicitly stated. It goes a little something like this:
*ehem*
GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!
Now, quite frankly, gun violence is a social problem. And I really don't mind if my teacher is fully in favor of GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL, but it irks me that he's spending time going off about gun violence, rather than chapter one of the textbook. So, a word of advice: if you're going to teach a sociology course, please focus on said sociology course, no matter how important you consider GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL to be. Besides, all violence is abberant, not just gun violence. Personally, I think knives are scarier, but that's another topic. Back to my school topic.

Human sexuality. By far my most interesting course, both in subject matter and in class participants. My teacher is a piece of work. Extremely overly serious when he teaches, yet occasionally cracks a crude joke or says something ridiculous that makes everyone laugh. He's the strangest teacher I've ever had. I also have the most interesting-looking cast of classmates this semester. They seem to be weirdos from every corner of my school. All the strangest, oddest ones, put together in one class. It's pretty funny. It's my entertainment class, for sure.


So, that's my schedule. Aside from that, I've become the president of the music club. Stuff wasn't happening at meetings, and I was getting tired of it, so I decided, hey, what the heck, and I started getting the ball rolling. I can't say it's not a stressful position at times, but I'm glad I was nominated for the position. Only issue is that some of the people there are really hard to work with. Oh well. More practice for the real world.

The forever alone challenge has been going exceptionally well. Singleness is a highly underrated state of being. I am very much enjoying the stability of it. Unfortunately, every time I start enjoying stability, something comes in and knocks me on my rear end. So I guess I'll just keep vigilant, watching for something romantic or otherwise to enter my life.... Quite frankly, I do not find the idea of being in a relationship appealing at all. But hey, testosterone can be very good at persuasion.....

Finally, I'll post a random song for you guys to enjoy. Or not, depending on whether you listen to my random songs.


Even though it's really long, I'd suggest plugging earphones in and turning up the volume. It's one of those songs you can just lose yourself in.
These guys are coming out with their new album on February 22nd. Guess who's buying it?
Definitely one of the most amazing bands I've heard in a while.

In the words of, I think it was the terminator, "I'LL BE BACK!"

Have a happy weekend,

T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!