Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Status Report!

Yo, all.

Figured I'd say hi.
Haven't had a lot of chances to post lately, since this semester has been doing everything in its power to kick  my, erm, posterior.
I am currently running on less than six hours of sleep (most people's less than four), and I'm enjoying Nightwish's new album, "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" (which is pretty amazing).

I have to do a lot of research and finish a prelab for tomorrow, and I really don't want to do that.
So I'm taking a brief break here.

Like I said, this semester's been kicking my rear end in. It's not fun. I've seriously jacked up my credit load, and I'm paying for it. I mean, the material's interesting, but it's just sooooo much work.
You know that it's going to be a harsh semester when the first thing you hear when walking into your first class is, and I quote, "You guys are going to have a six to twelve-page reflection essay due on what's talked about today -- but don't be verbose."
Yes. This was legitimately the first thing he said to us.
Fortunately, those are over now. I'm currently researching the plausibility of creating a plastic refinery in Haiti to take care of their plastic problems, as well as to spur the economy, but I'm not even sure if the idea is plausible. Oh well. I'll figure it out.

Despite that, life at my new school is pretty good. It took a while to assimilate into the honors community, since most of them already lived together in another building, but I've managed. I might be rooming with one of my friends next semester, which would be pretty cool. I've become involved with the Catholic Student Union there, and that's absolutely fantastic. It feels so great to not be alone in my beliefs, y'know?
People really don't encourage the practice of or dedication to the Catholic faith that much, and it's so great to meet people outside my family who actually support that.
It's really helped me get closer to God, and I really feel a lot more love in my life, and that's really beautiful.

Computer Engineering is also pretty cool.
My grandfather was one of the first computer engineers, and has been programming and building computers for years. It's so funny that I'm following in his footsteps. I'm actually really honored. He is a brilliant man. I mean, if you build an organ during your leisure time, you've gotta be a pretty cool person.

Aside from that, I've got a lot of personal growth going on right now. Once again, the winds of change are blowing. It's a bit tumultuous, but it's going to be worth it.
I've had a lot of realizations of who I am, what I've been portraying myself as, and how much I've been putting up with.
I've realized how much I value respect, and how much that will be, and has been, the make-or-break issue in my relationships.
I've had to let people go, I've had to stand up to people, I've learned to be a braver person, and I'm learning how to stop giving a crap about what people think about me and my point of view. Quite frankly, the people who don't respect it or tolerate it are not worth my time.
I'm learning exactly how important it is to never settle for anything less that what you deserve.
It's reasonably difficult, but it's going to make my life much better.
But, for those of you who are so inclined, I would really appreciate prayers.
I am becoming the man I will be for the rest of my life, and I need all of the support I can get.


Well, that's all for today.
Got to get back to my homework.

See y'all later,

T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!