Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Monday, July 21, 2014

My Recording Equipment is Out To Ruin My Dream of Being a Big-Shot Producer

I am very upset with my recording equipment right now.
For some odd reason, my audio track refuses to record.
I don't know what's up and have been trying to fix it for quite a while, and it's still not working. I mean, I connected all of the busses and stuff, the input busses and output busses are connected, the signal is going through the hardware to the software. It just won't arm for record.

I'm convinced that my equipment is out to ruin any experience I might attain independently.
Needless to say, I am more than a little bit irate.

I mean, come on. I just want to record a freakin' EP so I can get my music out there and test my production skills. Is that too much to ask?
Sigh....

I guess I'll just drown my sorrows in Anette Olzon's new album, and then it's on to Tuomas Holopainen's.
Scratch that, Tuomas Holopainen's it is.

Hey, this is pretty good.

Anyway, I've been thinking of possible titles for my new EP (or full-length album, I have enough songs in the works).
I was initially thinking of a purely piano and vocals EP, which I would call "I Left my Keys in the House" (hahaha), but then I realized that I actually have more instruments available to me. And half of my songs don't have piano anyway.

And speaking of such things...
I'm buying a new keyboard.
Yes, I am. I am making a major purchase right before I go off to my new college (did I forget to mention I now have an Associate's in Engineering?).

Before you judge me on this "foolish" decision, let's look at the facts here:
1. I have been saving up birthday money since I was 15, and much of this was given to me with the intention that I use it on something I want. I can officially pay for most of the keyboard out of that.
2. I have wanted to make my career professional for a while, and have been limited (in part) by equipment. This will eliminate that limitation.
3. This keyboard is good enough that I will not want or need to upgrade for a long time. Even though I could buy a decent workstation for half the price of this one, I want something that I'll use for a long time. I want to use this thing for the next ten years at least. Sooooo, it's worth the price.
4. A guy can follow his dreams, can't he?

Sooo, I didn't go terribly off topic, did I.
The heck with recording equipment. I quit. At least, for today.... I'll be back at it tomorrow.

For those of you who want to see her, here she is: the Korg Krome, 88 Keys.
http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/krome/

See y'all later,

T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!