Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 19 of the thirty day song challenge

Hey, yo!
How was your Independance day weekend? Mine was absolutely awesome! I started off marching in the Fourth-Of-July parade, which, oddly, happened on the second. After that, I performed in a karate demo with my demo team. And broke my Bo staff mid-demo. That's right, broke it. In half. Snap. Two pieces barely connected to each other. So what did I do? I did my best to finish the form with a broken Bo. Fortunately, my friend's cousin, who was watching me perform, said that the way I did the form, it looked like the Bo was supposed to break. That means I did a good job.
Anyway, we went home, ate lunch, then Shannon and I went to our town's fourth of July celebration. It was alot of fun. Some of our friends were there, so we hung out with them. We danced like fools for most of the time, until they had live music by local bands. Most of them were absolutely amazing. My sister and one of my friends entered a pie eating contest, and my friend won first, while my sister was content to enjoy every bite of the pie, finishing long after everyone else had finished. I didn't enter. Pie eating contests, in my big, fat, ugly opinion (BFUO from now on), are absolutely revolting. I did enter a water-balloon throwing contest, however, and won second place twice, and third once. Not first, but oh well.
Later, something very strange happened. A friend of mine and I... well, we became more than just friends. I'm still trying to comprehend the fact that my friend, whom I've known for almost four years, is now the first girlfriend I've had in almost five years. I mean, it's crazy.
Anyway, later I watched the fireworks with my family, my aunt and uncle, my friends, and my cousins. It was amazing, as always. Then my friend and I sang along with the national anthem, and then, after the fireworks were done, well, we left.
And that was just the first day. Yesterday, I sang at mass at my church, and met the new pastor, priest, and deacon, and then went to pick up my sister at her friends house and spent the day there.
Today, we went to my Aunt and Uncle's new house for lunch, and we saw "How To Train Your Dragon". Now, I'm not a huge fan of movies like that, but I liked this one. The main character, Hiccup, instead of being a perfect carbon copy of every other kid who isn't accepted for who he is, actually had a personality. He was different. He reacted differently to those oh-so-cliche things, such as dissappointing his father, and being looked down upon by his peers. The supporting female character, Astrid, was just like most other female characters in that type of movie: determined, independent, daring, bold, and destined to become the main character's girlfriend for no particular reason. But, because of Hiccup's personality, Astrid had to act different from the normal mold of the female character in order to make the story progress. If you've seen the movie, you know what I mean. I thought it was a good change, and quite frankly, it's nice to see originality in a world which (BFUO alert) pretty much feeds kids the same crap over and over again, but makes enough changes so that people don't necessarily see through it. Anyway, though it did have it's share of cliches, the originality did end up shining through in the end.
And so concludes my long off-topic paragraphs and my unprecedented movie review. And now for our feature presentation.
Today is day 19, a song from my favorite album. Well, let's see.... My favorite album, right now anyway, has to be "Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice, Chapters 1-13" by HIM.
It's an amazing album, one of my favorites to sing along to. And best of all, it's actually mostly in my vocal range, so I can sing along!
So which song should I post.... Hmm....
Y'know, I think that I should post two, because I can't figure out which I want to post.
The first one is "Dying Song".


The next is "Heartkiller", which was the first song by HIM I ever heard. When I discovered it, I listened to it ten times without getting sick of it. It is a good song. Here's the video:

There is nothing wrong with this video, unless of course, you find a creepy man taking off his shirt and showing off his more-than-ample supply of tatoos offensive.

Anyway, I have no idea what's coming tomorrow. A song I listen to when I'm mad maybe? I know I thought that was today, but then I checked and it wasn't.
Oh well.
It's late and I'm really tired right now.
Until next time,
T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!