Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Friday, December 23, 2011

School is OVER!

Hey everyone!
School is over!
I'm so psyched!
I've gotten an A in all four of my classes!
I'm so happy!
Yeah, I was determined to keep my GPA up this year. And why? Well, it started when I met with the honors coordinator last spring.
We talked about my joining the honors program, and she looked over my mid-terms for that semester. I had all A's for midterms, and she made a comment about my GPA to the effect of "Well, that's not going to last long."
With those words, she unknowingly issued me a challenge. I decided that, for the next semester, I would maintain a high GPA, aka, get all A's. And I would. I knew I would. And I did. And I'm doing it next semester too. I'll see how long I can prove her wrong, one semester at a time.

So, that's been what's going on.
Oh, and in relation to my last post, I am slowly but surely recovering. I am getting better, and I'm starting to get everything back on track. It's a slow process, but I'm getting better.
It's weird. I've found that I have good days, and then I have depressed days. And for the most part, they're good, unless something triggers me, and then I'm depressed. That's another weird thing. It always requires a trigger. I'll never just wake up depressed. Something will have to trigger its onset.
But I'll be fine. Like I said, I am getting better. And I will make myself better, simply because I have the power to choose to make myself better.
One of the most important things that I have learned is that God isn't going to force himself on you. He's always there, you just have to choose him.
I have the power to choose to let God in, to choose to let Him heal me. And no matter how much it hurts, He gave me the strength to choose Him.
He gave me the strength that I need for anything He wants me to.
And I am choosing to let him in, and to let him heal me.

And speaking of such things....
I'm gonna have to pray about it more, but all of a sudden within the past few months, I've wanted nothing more than to get out of the house. I've set my eye on a college called Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. It's an aeronautical engineering school, and that's the field that I wanna get into. It doesn't have a music program, but there's a community college nearby that offers a music program, and if I can graduate from there and get a bachelor's in aeronautical engineering at the same time, I should be able to go into a graduate program at Embry Riddle, and then, if I have time, I should be able to get a scholarship to a music college, and then get a music degree. That would be so cool.
I have no idea how I'm gonna do it, but I'm gonna do it in some way. I don't care what it takes, if it's God's will, it's gonna happen.
Anyway, Embry Riddle is all the way out in Arizona.
SAY WHAT?
That's right, Arizona.
Kinda far away, and I would miss everyone I met here. I grew up here for most of my life.

OH MY GOSH!
On a happier note, I listened to Imaginaerum by Nightwish! It's their new album that's being released in the U.S. on January 10th (I think), 2012. I am so going to buy it on it's release date. It is AMAZING!
The diversity, the orchestration, everything about it is RIGHTEOUS!
Here's one of my personal favorites (if I can choose one):
I will say, there is a little bit of iffy lyrical content (not profane, but iffy).
And I'm normally not a fan of screaming, but in this song, it really enhances the feel and the emotion that is being communicated. It's awesome.

Oh, and I've started to learn "Lost In Paradise" by Evanescence on the piano. I'm pretty much learning it by ear, since there is no sheet music. In the beginning, it's pretty simple, though towards the middle, it gets hard to hear the piano over the other instruments.

Oh, and I've also started playing World Of Warcraft! Since it's free to play until level 20, I decided to try it out. It's pretty cool. The score for it is amazing.
There were two problems I found, however.
1. The clock was an hour behind. So, when it said that it was 11:00, I thought "Okay, time to shut it off." Little did I realize that it was 12:00, meaning that I had stayed up an hour later than I meant to. And that brings us to....
2. I spent half an hour looking for the "logout" button. I honestly clicked every icon I could find, and would have asked other players for help, had I been able to find them. Finally, I pressed the ESC key, and that brought up the menu. Of course, by then it was 12:30, an hour and a half later than I had meant to be up.

Anyway, it's Boo's birthday tomorrow. For those of you who don't know, Boo is the younger of my two sisters, and she will be turning 12. I'm really psyched!
Yes, I use different names for my siblings. Because I am a paranoid lunatic and don't want you to know their names, just like I don't want you to know mine. But most of you already do, so it's kinda dumb to take that precaution....
For those of you who don't know, here's my family:

Banana: The oldest of my younger siblings, 15 years old, and one of my best friends on the planet. She pretty much likes exactly the same music that I do, and that is so cool.
Boo: The next oldest, soon to be 12. She's either an angel or a devil (that's right, no in between), she loves randomly hugging people, and basically, the our house could explode, and she'd still be sitting there doodling.
The Bruiser: The next oldest, turning 11 in February. He's your typical rough-and-tumble boy, but with a talent for music. He only started flute lessons a few months ago, and already he's figuring out how to play various songs that he's heard. He does amaze me.
Patar: The youngest, age seven. Also really talented with music. He'll watch me play something on the piano with my right hand, I'll leave the room, and by the time I get back, he'll have figured it out from what he saw me do. He also has my musical tastes, and is a huge fan of Nightwish. It's funny, when I was his age, I was listening to kids music and classical. He's listening to metal and rock.
And finally....
"What?" you say. "I thought there was only four of them!"
Some of you already know this, but my mom's pregnant, and we have a new baby due in May!
I am so happy!
I'll have to figure out a name for him/her too....

Anyway, it's really late, and after last night, which was spent largely killing Wreched Urchins, Arcane Guardians, and some kind of weird hideous treebeast, I need to get to bed.
Oh, and since I probably won't be posting for a while....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

Thank you, thank you, I can see you appreciated my oh-so-generic christmas greeting.
Life is good.

See you all later,
T-WAC

2 comments:

  1. Oh My!! I love Lost In Paradise!!!!!
    Oh, and I wish I saw you at the palladium!!! It was awesome but you probably know that!!!
    And I love World of Warcraft, I need to get my own account though first... I have been playing on a friends account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you were at the Evanescence concert at the palladium too?
    Where were you?
    I was with my friend Savanna on the floor close to the stage.
    Yeah, world of warcraft is pretty cool. I'm a blood elf warlock, and I've started one with a night elf mage. What are you?

    ReplyDelete

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!