Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 23 of the thirty-day song challenge

Hey everyone!
Sorry about the lack of posts.
I can't believe that summer's almost over! Well, back to school really isn't such a bad thing for me. The sooner I get my associate's degree, the sooner I can transfer to an accredited engineering school, and the sooner I do that, the sooner I can take singing lessons for a third of a credit per semester. Woohoo!
I finally got my tape recorder to work, and I recorded myself singing. Unfortunately, SOMEONE, I won't mention any names *cough cough Shannon cough cough*, kept interrupting me while she was talking on the phone.
Anyway, I recorded myself playing on the piano and singing "Friday" by Rebecca Black, yes, you heard right, I wrote an accompaniment for Friday, and then I recorded myself singing "My Immortal" by Evanescence. Or at least, the first verse, before I was interrupted for the fourth time.
And you know what's really weird? Well, "Friday", in C, is at the top of my vocal range, the highest note being a G, and "My Immortal", which I sing an octave down because I'm a guy, is at the low end of my vocal range, the lowest note being a low A. And, because I was stupid and didn't warm up, I ended up flat on half of the Gs in "Friday", and was completely off key singing "My Immortal".
But I found it so weird that I did better on a song at the top of my range than one at the bottom. Well, I am a tenor. But I also learned that, no matter how easy a song feels to sing, if you don't practice it, you'll sound like a mutilated porpoise. But I do practice! It's just that I only practice... when there's no one home....
And that's probably once every, oh, I don't know, two months.
So I guess I'm just gonna have to suck it up and practice with my family home. That means that my brothers will have to suck it up when I a) won't let them in the room for half an hour, and b) sound like a mutilated porpoise when I try to learn new stuff, or hit that high A. Honestly, if I can manage to hit a high A, and do it well, the possibilities are almost limitless! I will be able to sing some Nickelback, some Three Days Grace, and "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green without having to go into falsetto! Not that there's anything wrong with falsetto. I use it to freak out my friends all the time!
Okay, so back to the song challenge. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to regular posts again. I mean, listing a song for every occasion is cool, but it's demanding. Meaning that I actually have to think about it. Lazy, I know.
And today is day 23, a song I want to play at my wedding! I don't even know whether I'm getting married, much less the song I want to play at my wedding! But there is one that I know of that is pretty good. And that's "Hold My Hand" by Sean Paul.
Okay, for those of you who know Sean Paul, he's a bit of a misogynist.
"Sexy gal drop it pon de floor," "She want me deal wit her body," "Five-million-and-forty top cuties be shakin' up dem booties".... These are all lines that frequent Sean Paul's Reggae-Hip-Hop beats. And multiple variations of these lines. But I only know most of that because of the liner notes on his CDs. The guy raps so fast, and then uses a combination of Jamaican Pigeon and English that sometimes sounds almost unintelligeble. It's actually quite funny, and often makes me laugh. His new album was more clear, though, which meant that I could actually tell what he was saying, and, coincidentally, the lyrics were much more dirty as well. I didn't really care for it for this reason. However, he does have a few heartwarming ballads about love and dedication to more than just the body of his lover. This is one of them. Here it is:
I hope this is the one with just Sean Paul. I didn't care for the version that featured Kerri Hilson (please tell me I spelled that right).

Well, next time is a song that I want to play at my funeral. That one's wicked easy.
So that should be an incentive for me to post agai-
OH MY GOSH, I got my learner's permit on Friday! Since then, I have been taught in my church parking lot for an hour, have driven to a friend's house, and have driven to and from karate! Winning! But not in a Charlie Sheen sort of way.
Oh, and I'm turning seventeen in a week! I'm so excited! I'm still debating whether to have my friends over like I did last year.
Anyway, see you sometime in the near future.
T-WAC

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! YOU GOT YOUR PERMIT!! I'll be sure to stay CLEAR out of your way XD

    ReplyDelete

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!