Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Monday, April 18, 2011

FORGET YOU!!!!!

Oh. My. Gosh. Today I found a video on youtube that just put me in my happy place.
It's a piano tutorial for Cee Lo Green's "Forget You!"
I'm so [expletive] happy!

Now, for those of you who don't know what being in my "happy place" means, I'll offer a brief explanation. Basically it means that it makes me grin stupidly, laugh mindlessly, and dance like a fool with a braindead smile on my face. There are three songs that do this to me:
1. Loser by Beck.
2. Freak on a Leash by Korn (weird, I know)
3. Forget You by Cee Lo Green

Now I am playing piano to my heart's content.
Oh, I'm so excited, cause I can hit the G above middle C now! And sometimes I can hit an Ab! My goal is a high A right now, but I want to work on my Ab before pushing my voice any farther. Now, for those who don't know me, I love singing. I mean LOVE singing. As in, singing to myself on the bus ride home from school. I'm crazy about it. I'm also one of the lead singers in a band, but I'm sure most of you have seen my band blog. For those of you who haven't, you can check it out here.

Anyway, I just finished my persuasive essay, so I'm wicked happy. It was a research paper, and i got to choose a topic. I chose abortion, and had to write five to seven pages on what my standing on the issue was, and why it was right. And quite honestly, I found some pro choice arguments that were so ridiculous that it made me laugh out loud. I mean "the real purpose of the pro life movement is to punish women"? Seriously. And the sad thing is, some people actually believe that!

Anyway, no offence to you pro-choice people out there. Even if you saw these arguments, you'de probably laugh your butts off.

Anyway, I've got to go. I've been getting to bed really late lately and....
Oh, one more thing!
We're working on film music in music class! And guess who appeared on our list of composers to look up! None other than Danny Elfman! I know some of you (particularly Cassidy) are big Tim Burton fans, and Danny Elfman does alot of the music for his movies. But you all probably knew that.

Anyway, until next time,
T-WAC

5 comments:

  1. Cool post!!! Good job with the piano!! Even though, I have absolutly no idea what keys yu are talking about. I guess from a woodwind player to a percussion player, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about typo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh; I'll have to send that to my piano teacher! I love that song!! My happy place came to me when I saw a tutorial for Sway Sway Baby! by Short Stack. The chords are really easy; it's amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I love to sing as well. I don't think I'm that great but apparently I am (yeah, right; cuz you can totally get that from screaming lyrics to my favourite songs in public; unless of course they hear me singing to myself at random times...

    ReplyDelete

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!