Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A decision I've made regarding my love life....

To whom it may concern (because I feel the need to be all formal and crap):

Lately, I have been having a lot of distress regarding my love life.
We all have people we "like", and I am no different, but UNFORTUNATELY, I am in no shape whatsoever to even attempt at being in a relationship. It would be too much stress to put myself under, given current circumstances (school, emotional state, etc.). Yet, still, I continue to experience strong desires for a romantic relationship. It depresses me, because I really want to follow these desires, but at the same time, I know that I can't, and it's kinda tearing me apart. I mean, you guys know what liking someone is like. It's insane.
I've kinda been stuck on this for a while, and it's really been driving me crazy.
Then, today, a solution came to me.
This is going to sound really odd, and really rather daft.
I began to turn this solution in my head, and it seemed plausible, so I mentioned it to Banana, who thought it was a good idea, and I'm now thinking this is the best course of action.
Ahem.
Okay, you know those stupid "challenges" you see online? Y'know, thirty-day song challenge, thirty-day photo challenge, etc.
What I'm planning is sorta like that. But not really.
I'm calling it the "Forever alone challenge".
I am going to be single for the next year.
...
Yes, I know I'm probably sounding like I'm way off my rocker here.
But it's kinda the only way I think I can set things at ease.
Essentially, this decision is not based on analytical reasoning. It's more based on what my heart says. My heart says that being in a relationship right now would not be a good idea. The thought of committing myself to someone right now terrifies me. And though I do desire to follow my romantic feelings, I know that anyone whom they are for deserves someone with their head more securely fastened onto their shoulders. Further, I think it would be worth it to wait until there's actually a decent chance that I could contribute to the upkeeping of a mature relationship, rather than trying to rush into it, when I know well that I'm not ready to try to take that step. I acknowledge that the feeling is one of the most pleasurable things, if not the most pleasurable, that I have felt in my existence on this earth.
Yet, I think that, without the security of a mature relationship, these feelings are meaningless.

Also, this time will give me a while to turn my eyes upon my relationship with God. Without Him to fill that hole that only He can, I'm only gonna try to fill it with other things, and that is totally gonna end up sucking. Once my feet are firmly planted in a strong, loving relationship with Jesus, I will be able to form a solid relationship with another human. Once I am rooted in Jesus, I will also have the wisdom and love to be able to be a stable, reliable father for my children, if God chooses to so bless me.

Despite this decision, there will be a loophole, however; if, at any time, during this period, I feel as though my heart is leading me to someone, my heart says it's right, and more importantly, God gives me the thumbs-up, this resolution will end. By my heart, this resolution begins, and by my heart, it will break.

On this day, November 4th, 2012, I have decided that I be single until November 4th, 2013, unless I am called to be otherwise during this period.

Anyway, I'm posting this here, and on Facebook, to see what you guys all have to say.
What do you guys think? Does my decision make sense? Am I crazy?
I know some of you know me personally while others only know me as T-WAC on Blogger.
Regardless, I'd like to hear from any of you.

I know this may sound a bit wild, but I think it's the best thing for me right now.

Sincerely,
T-WAC

4 comments:

  1. Hey, whatever works really. If I hadn't already met someone, I'd give that a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't overthink the relatinship thing. It happens when it happens. Don't make any radical pledges, just go with what happens. You will fall in love when you least expect it. Everything truly does happen for a reason and if you don't believe it look at my situation. Makes me believe in fate and soulmates. I didn't believe in god for a while I thought I was abandoned then when things happened for me the way they did I realized it was all in the big plan of things. The big picture. Be patient and don't overthink it too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kinda why I included the loophole. If something does happen, and it does feel right, hey, I'm gonna go for it.
      This is so I stop looking for a relationship to happen, and also, so I stop overthinking it.
      Believe me, if something feels right and I feel like I'm ready for it, I'm not gonna say no, LOL.

      Thanks so much for your input, Alyssa. It means a lot.

      Delete

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!