Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Three more weeks, Campbell. Three more weeks....

First off, I want to express the fact that I am feeling MUCH much better than I was a while ago. That's a good thing.
Second, I want to say that I AM DONE with school. No, the semester hasn't ended. It's just that I've been running since the spring (that's right, through the summer too) and I'm ready to plotz, as it were. I'm going to push out my best performance for the coming three weeks, and then I'm going to crash at home, hang out with friends, sleep, eat good food, write music, sleep, enjoy christmas music, hang out with friends, sleep, go walking, explore my town, sleep, etc.

Man, I haven't written music in a while. I haven't had the time. Once school is over, I am totally get back to writing lyrics, and finishing the songs I have.
So far, I have:
"Love Another Day" -- Kind of soft-rock-ish. I wrote it in February last year I think, to get myself through a hard time. I have almost finished editing all of the parts, and I wanna add in a string section, but that doesn't have to come right away. It's really really close to being finished.
"Bitter Cold Night" -- Dissonant, hard rock. I wrote it while I was in denial about something last year. I kinda abandoned it for a while, but have come back. I'm hoping that will be another one I can come closer to finishing over the break.
"Bliss" -- A working title. Basically, it's about wanting to be in a relationship, but not being able to. I haven't finished the lyrics yet. I need a second verse and a bridge. Again, soft-rock-ish. I wrote it over the summer. I have a relatively good idea of where the music is going, but it still needs work.
"Stay Awhile" -- I'm not entirely sure how this will be. It's about a relationship I was once in, and it's kinda something I really don't wanna look back on right now. I'm not sure. I might continue it, I might not. As it is, the lyrics need editing. The bridge speaks too personally to the situation that I was in for me to be comfortable with it. Other than that, I have a relatively well developed piano part, and a solid chord progression.
"Child With A Knife" -- About a girl I met at the beginning of last fall. She was rather... troubled, we shall say. I believe I may have posted about her last year somewhere. I'm not sure whether I want to continue this either, but I like the musical sound. Unfortunately, singing with the piano part has proved to be difficult.
"Laughing At Nothing" -- The one relationship song I've written. It's basically about finding someone, being able to let go of the past, and loving them for no other reason than because you want to. I have no idea where this is going musically, but I'll figure it out eventually.

I think I have a few more, but I don't remember now. I know it's kinda weird to forget your own projects, but hey, it happens.

I've also decided what my image as an artist will be. I'm going to be a completely normal person, as weird as that sounds. I'm gonna walk up on stage in jeans and a t-shirt, and I'm going to sing about my life. I'm going to sing about everything. My pain, my joy, my love, my sadness, my happiness... you name it. I want to portray a real human being, because that's all I am, all I ever will be, all I want to be.
That means that I'll have to start to write relatively happy songs. My original aspiration was to be a rock artist, so I wrote lots of depressing lyrics. And, save for romantic love, it's kinda hard to find really happy stuff to write about. But then, I found it hard to write depressing songs at first. I thought, "Hey, my life really doesn't suck that much -- what's there to write about?" I found stuff, though. So there is hope. There is always hope.

Anyway, that's all, folks. Gotta get up at 5:45 tomorrow morning to catch a bus.

With much sincerity,

T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!