Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Depressed

Well, I'm depressed again. And I have to say, it does suck.
I don't like waking up to negative thoughts, constantly feeling inadequate, and overthinking stuff.
I was depressed for three weeks, and then I decided I was sick of it and wasn't going to be depressed anymore, but then, strangely, it ended up coming back. And that sucks, 'cause it usually doesn't do that.
I mean, I don't have anything of clinical significance. Yet, anyway, 'cause it seems to be heading in that direction. My eating habits and sleeping habits haven't been perturbed in any noticeable way (aside from that which results from school), and I haven't completely lost enjoyment of pleasurable activities. I have, however, found myself to be down the majority of the time, have become exceedingly restless, even irritable, and it has affected my cognitions, which is by far the scariest thing it's done.
In a dark world where you can't even control your own mind, you really begin to see the value of having close friends and parents who are willing to listen to you and actually get what it's like. They're also the ones that point out when I'm not thinking straight. It's really nice.
I can't say I'm surprised that this is happening. I have an incredibly strong genetic predisposition (both sides of my family have histories of mood disorders), and, according to the diathesis-stress model, the stressors that I experienced last year (I have spoken a little of them on this blog, I believe) were very likely to trigger my genetic predispositions. I know I haven't said much about what happened that has made me a bit... less happy, we shall say. I may get into that later. I don't know.
Let's just say I didn't listen to my heart and got screwed over. But that's a topic for a different post.
Anyway, I should probably post about what school's been like (I know I haven't been posting at all) but that's a topic for a different post. It's really late, and I shouldn't be awake right now.
I've got lots of homework to do tomorrow.
Oh, before I go, I think I'll leave you with this song. It's absolutely beautiful, and it's by one of my favorite bands on the planet.
Goodnight, everyone.
Happy awesomeness (hey, whatever, it works).

Until next time,
T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!