Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Innocence is gold....

Well, it's Patar again.

For those of you who recall (from the beginning of this blog) Patar has always been a little bit of an unintentional troublemaker.
He's eight now, but it seems like only a few years ago when he was zoning out and cussing unintentionally. Come to think of it, that's probably because it was.
But anyway.
It was a short time ago when he said something else that made me laugh.
Now, my mother enjoys a TV show entitled "Criminal Minds" which is about the investigation of serial killers, sociopaths, antisocials, pedophiles, human trafficking rings, etc.
I do not watch it, because it injures my hope in humanity to see, even in acting, one human inflicting pointless and wanton pain on another for the sheer enjoyment of it as the victim is violated and stabbed repeatedly, as the killer laughs at the screams of agony and the bleeding. Sadism sucks.
Anyway, because of the subject matter, Patar is quickly shooed out of the room every time he ever-so-eagerly tries to catch a glimpse of the television screen.
One evening, I had just shooed him out, and we began to converse about the show. I mentioned to him that I didn't like watching it.
"It gets rather disturbing in places," said I, as we walked into the living room of my house. "I don't like the violence."
"I haven't seen any of that," replied Patar casually. "All I've seen on that show are people standing there talking about stuff."
Pretty typical of "Criminal Minds".
If someone's not being brutally murdered or kidnapped, there's lots of talking.
I nodded in understanding.
I was not expecting what I heard from Patar next, however.
"...and then there was once where there was this bed, and then a boy fell on top of a girl on it." Patar's face displayed a befuddled expression. "Isn't that weird?"
I don't know what it was, the complete nonchalant way he brought it up, or the genuine lack of understanding in his voice. One way or another, his expression became even more befuddled when I burst out laughing.
"Isn't it?" he asked again. It didn't seem to occur to him to ask what I was laughing about. I continued laughing for a while before finally answering. "Yes. Yes, that is very weird."
He looked at me strangely, then went upstairs to get in his pajamas, as I managed to stop myself from laughing long enough to inform Mom and Banana of what had just happened, both of whom responded in largely the same way I had.
Oh Patar... that quote will go down in the books much like when he said that his-
...never mind.
That is definitely a topic for another post.

T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!