Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cramer's rule, a band, tests, and papers....

Well, there goes another week. This homework thing is really starting to bug me. I mean, I have two papers due, and two tests to look forward to next week. Sigh.... Oh well. At least I'm learning cool stuff. I am officially in love with Cramer's rule. It's the easiest way to solve systems of equations, even if it does take a bit longer to do out than the addition method.
I hate the adition method (all you algebra geeks out there know what I'm talking about).
I always end up botching up something elementary, oh and, just so you all know, -1 times -5 does not equal 1, thank you very much.
But I just about always get the answer right when I use Cramer's rule, so I can't understand why I can't do that every time.
But enough about math.
Oh, I forgot to tell you all, Banana and I are starting a band!
We're probably going to do symphonic metal, because that's what I'm writing right now. I've written almost an entire piano accompaniment for one song, but then, the lyrics won't work out for me, so I'm kinda bummed. I'm probably going to start over from scratch.
And speaking of lyrics, I just wrote some for a new song a couple days ago. Nothing particularly special, considering that a lot of people write lyrics. But what's special about it is that I actually like them! This coming from a die-hard perfectionist, who almost never likes his work.
Oh, and, as of today, we have a second guitarist for our band! He's probably going to be doing rhythm guitar, while Banana does lead. We don't have a drummer yet or a bassist, but we do have two guitarists and two pianist/vocalists (I'm one of them!), so that's a start.
And I also want to start a mini orchestra and maybe even a choir! Real instruments sound so much nicer that those cruddy synthesized ones.  You can totally tell when the instruments are fake (especially if you're an absolute music junkie like I am).
And a choir can sound so haunting and creepy....
Maybe I'll post some of the lyrics when they're done (judging by my die-hard perfectionism, that won't be for a while)!
I'll definitely post some of our songs if we manage to record them.
Wow. That was a long post. But anyway, I'm very glad that the weekend's here.
Oh, and one more thing: if you want something epic, and I don't mean somewhat epic, I mean really, really epic (and square), click this link below.
Epic Box
Until next time,
T-WAC
PS. Oh, and for all who were wondering, I'm not feeling 'off' anymore!

2 comments:

  1. timothy, you are WAY to nice to be one of my friend's older brothers. thanks so much for you (lol) long comment. and the short one. :)

    oh, i was going to ask if I could be in the band, but two piano players WOULD be kinda weird, right? well, i'll look out for you on mtv. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: btw, i guess you're starting a new school, too, in a way. good luck to you to! i can't do a whole we-can-do-everything-ever speech, but i WILL wish you luck. :P

    ReplyDelete

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!