Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 17 of the thirty day song challenge

Hello everyone! I've been getting lazy about posting again, but I'm here. Before I begin, I would like to say that I've been looking into colleges, and I've found one that I think fits me almost perfectly. Well, I've been looking for a good college that A) has a worthy reputation for the sciences, and B) has an excellent music program. I was planning on double-majoring in a science, either physics or engineering, and music. I've found a good college that gives me both in the same degree. It's called Carnegie Mellon University. The good news: from what I've read, it's an excellent, prestigeous school, and their BSA (Bachelor of Science and Arts) program is exactly the music/science combination I've been looking for. The bad news: it's all the way out in Pennsylvania for one, and for two, I'd be paying $58,000 a year. Well, the tuition's only $43,000, but adding in the cost of living there and everything, it would clock in at $58,000. There's only one person who will help me find a way to pay for that, and that person is God. If it is His will, He'll help me find a way to pay for it. And get over the dreadful student loan debt afterwards.
Well, anyway, back to topic, today is day 17, a song that I hear often on the radio. That's pretty easy. Everyone knows "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green, correct? Yes, this song puts me in my happy place. But there's a story behind how I first heard it. There's a radio station I know of and listen to, and I won't say what it's called, because I'm paranoid that someone is reading this blog and phishing for information on where I am, so they can come to my house and kill me in the middle of the night.
No, I'm just kidding. Sorta.
Anyway, they have a countdown of greatest hits on this station's website, like most stations do. And I happened to see the title "Forget You", and I was thinking, "Oh, this looks like another one of those breakup songs. 'How could I ever forget you,' right?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... no.
Next day, my dad comes home and tells me of an interesting song that he heard on the radio. He told me of how, I don't know, strange the lyrics were: "I see you driving around town with the girl I love, and I'm like, forget you!"
I later learned that "Forget You" is the euphamized title. The actual title contains a word that also begins with F, but is much less pleasent than forget.
But the song is so jovial sounding, you'd never expect it to be so profane.
Anyway, here's the video (which I believe I posted a few months ago, before I started this song challenge):

There's nothing wrong with the video, and it's actually pretty funny. It's the clean version, of course.

Oh, speaking of Cee Lo Green, I was watching "The Voice" the other night, and I heard him performing his new single "Bright Lights, Bigger City." It's a really awesome song, and believe me, for me to be saying that about something that might get on top 40 radio, it must be pretty impressive.
Here's the video:

Anyway, what's next? I guess I'll just keep you guys in suspense until the next time that I post! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAH!
Okay, evil laugh over.
Until next time,
T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!