Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 16 of the thirty day song challenge

Hello everyone!
First off, I want to let you all know something. Do any of you read my sister's blog? Well, a few days ago, she posted about a problem on her computer that was preventing her from commenting by logging her out everytime she tried to. Well, the same thing has afflicted me, so I'm afraid I'll be unable to comment on your blogs for a while. By the way, my sister's blog can be found here.
Second, I went to a Catholic retreat for people in the music ministry yesterday. IT WAS AMAZING!
Okay, in my experience, church music is usually comprised of durge-like songs backed by a droning organ. If we're lucky, a piano. Well, at this place there were, oh, lets see, two violinists, an oboist, a cellist, a floutist, a pianist, a xylophonist, and a percussionist, not to mention the choir, and the two choir members who played bells. And the percussionist not only played on the traditional drum set, but he also played the chimes (you know, those things that make the mystical magic-fairy-dust sound?), and the timpani. For those of you who don't know, timpani are HUGE drums that make an absolutely brobdingnagian sound when you hit them. And I don't mean just loud. I mean big.
And surprisingly, everyone sang along with the hymns! Now, for those of you who don't know, Catholics in Massachusetts are generally not the most devout. Church is pretty much a half-hour a week obligation for most of them, unfortunately. Out in Colorado,  the Catholics are generally really enthused about their faith. In fact, pretty much everywhere but Massachusetts, Catholics are enthused about their faith. Anyway, Catholics around here don't usually sing with the hymns, but at this retreat, everyone not only sang the hymns, but enjoyed them! It was amazing. And the priest had a very good sense of humor, too.
Okay, that was way off topic, so, getting back to business, today is day 16, a song that I used to love, but now hate. That's not easy at all. There are not many songs that I've come to hate after liking them. There are songs that I've liked, and then hated when they were overplayed, but then liked again once I hadn't heard them in a while. One of those songs, oddly enough, is "Disturbia" by Rihanna. I've always liked the uniqueness of Rihanna's voice (even though it is autotuned to heck [euphamism]). And I was hooked on this song. Until I heard it one-hundred-sexdecilion times (yes, sexdecilion is actually a number). And then I hated it. I hadn't heard it for probably six months, until now. And I still don't like it as much as I originally did. So I think that counts. Here it is.

WARNING: INCREDIBLY MESSED UP AND SUGGESTIVE! AND ALSO KINDA CREEPY! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

No seriously, it's really messed up and not at all for those under thirteen. For all of you who want to hear the song anyway, here's the lyric vid.
Okay, well, maybe the lyrics aren't in the video. For those who must know, they're in the DESCRIPTION, thank you very much. Now, in my big, fat, ugly, opinion, if you're going to call something a lyric video, you'd darned well put the lyrics IN THE VIDEO, because it's not a lyric video if the only thing on the screen is the artists name and the song's title. There's a reason it's called a LYRIC video. A LYRIC VIDEO! Go down to the nearest Walmart and buy yourself some brains. Wait a minute... don't go to Walmart. Intelligence not included.

Okay, so what's next? I have absolutely no idea. All I know is that I can barely keep my eyes open right now. So hopefully I'll be posting again sometime soon when I'm more awake.
Until next time,
T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!