Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 6 of the thirty-day song challenge

Hello everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It was just a really busy day yesterday. First there was karate, which started at 9:15 and ended at 12:30. From there, we went directly to a charity event where Mom sewed dresses for homeless people, and then, Banana, Harpo, and I walked to a friends house, and then we all walked to the mall. I bought "Fallen" by Evanescence, one of the best albums of all time, and then bought some candy and italian ice, then walked back to Harpo's house, ate dinner there, and then went home. After that I stayed up until 12:30 AM Sunday morning IMing a few of my friends, then went to bed. I had no time whatsoever to post on my blog.
Now that I've gotten through my mile-long excuse, I should probably get on to the posting. So today is day 6, a song that reminds me of somewhere. This one's pretty easy.
Last year, we had decided to take a trip to cape cod canal with a few friends. It took quite a while to get there, so I brought my mp3 player along for the ride. I had just started listening to Nightwish at that time, and the song "The Islander" had just begun playing when the sea came into view.
So now "The Islander" reminds me of the sea. But then, with the instrumentation and sound effects, I think it's ment to remind you of the sea. Here's the video.

A word of caution, the themes contain suicide. Nothing graphic or anything, though. The worst it gets is the old man smiling with satisfaction and content as he throws the anchor tied to his leg off the side of a cliff. Kinda sick, but the special effects are awesome.

Anyway, what's next? I think it's a song reminding me of a certain event.
Well, see you tomorrow!
T-WAC

3 comments:

  1. man, i was at the auburn mall the other day with my friend krista (her older sister was there, we weren't all alone, nbd) and we ran into sam hazelton...do you know her? anyways, it was really funny because she's one of the girls from CHILL and i was with one of my church buddies. i'm sure krista thought i was crazy when i just started waving at her and shouting, "hi!" to some random person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the mall the other week, with my frien krista and her older sister. i downed 4 servings of ice cream that day, got 6 brain freezes! and um, i don't get this music thing at all! fill me in so i'm not the loser who is complely clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the song is kinda of cool!!! I like it!!

    ReplyDelete

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!