Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 5 of the thirty-day song challenge

Hello again!
So today is day 5, a song that reminds me of someone. That's a hard topic. I'll have to think about it.
Hmm......
Thinking........
I know! Okay, this is kinda wierd, and it's not actually a song, but here goes.
You know my friend Harpo, right? We've been buds for probably five years or so. He's extremely negative, sees the worst in everything, and is never satisfied. I'm over-the-top optomistic, and see the best in everything, so we kind of compliment each other in that way. Not to say that he's a bad dude. Of course he isn't. He's got a really good heart. And I think he's more optomistic than he lets on. But on the outside, he's really pessimistic, and my optomism annoys him sometimes. Over the years, Harpo and I have found various pastimes to prevent boredom. Let's see, when we were younger, we had make-believe Naruto/Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh!/Dragon Ball Z/any-other-thing-that-we-could-think-of battles, until the neighbors called and complained because we were yelling so much. We played "Tak 3: The Great Juju Challenge" for hours on end, until my mom said that I had to leave. We had a few sleep-overs with a couple of his other friends. Our first one was spent playing some "Sonic" game and watching movies until 6:30 AM. As I recall, we had started around 5:30 PM. Oh, the good old days....
And then when he got the Wii, we played "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" for hours.
As of now, he shows me a few of his game demos, we duel with Yu-Gi-Oh! cards (I win most of the time), share youtube videos, and debate certain subjects, such as the validity of Catholic teachings (he's Lutheran), other Christian controversies, but most often, the logical fallicies of his video games. I state a small detail that's wrong with his game, and he tries to defend it by making another claim, and then we go back and forth for half an hour sometimes, trying to disprove each other. Oh, and then the debates about the need for blood, gore, and violence in games for them to be "good." Those usually last much longer.
But anyway, for a while, he would play some stupid video game and I would watch him, or read one of his mangas. Then once I came over to find him playing "Dragonball Z: Burstlimit."
I had never heard of the game, so he put it in his Xbox 360 and turned it on. I'm sure all of you know those stupid little cut scenes or story thingys that play before the title screen, right? Well, we watched the cut scene for this one. It was nothing special. Just a bunch of flying human-monkey people (apparently called "Saiens") beating the crap out of each other, and hurling crazy energy balls and Kame-Hame-Ha's at each other.
What was special about it was the song that was played during the cut scene thingy. There was some Japanese guy singing in the background in Japanese, and it always made me laugh so hard. Here it is:
Hilarious, right? It made me crack up everytime. This song makes me think of Harpo.
Yeah, some of you are going to look at me like I have three heads, but I find random people singing in Japanese funny. I also find other strange things funny, like the fat man jumping into the pool during the "Freak On A Leash" video two posts back.
Anyway, I need to apply for more scholarships, so check back tomorrow for day 6: a song that reminds me of somewhere.
Goodbye, my human readers.
T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!