Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 11 of the thirty day song challenge

Hey everyone!
For those of you who haven't read the title, this is day 11 of the thirty day song challenge.
And what's today? A song from my favorite band. I've been looking forward to this one for a while now. For those of you who don't know, my favorite band is Nightwish. Some of you probably never heard of them. They're basically a symphonic power metal band from Finland. They are one of the most awesome bands ever. And dare I say it, they are epic. They're coming out with a new album soon called "Imaginarium." I'm wicked bummed, though, because apparently, the world's supposed to end in October, and it's probably not going to be released until later this year. So I won't get to hear that awesome 20 minute song that they're planning on putting in the album.
Anyway, on to one song by them. I'd have to choose "Everdream" for two reasons: first because it's an amazing song, and second, because my band and I are covering it. For all of you who haven't seen it yet, we have a blog that can be found here.
Anyway, here's the video of the studio version.
Well, not exactly a video, but at least it plays the song.
Now here's the totally awesome (and much cooler) live version.
Oh, and while we're on the topic, I was looking at different blogs, and I happened by one called Heavy Metal FTW. This blog tends to post about the more epic metal bands (like Nightwish, Within Temptation, Tarja Turenen, Leaves Eyes, Sonata Arctica). You know, the good stuff. Nothing like the noise crud from us Americans. Well, then again, not all American stuff is bad, but alot of these artists who are obscure in the US have way more talent than some of our most popular artists, like, say, Britney Spears or The Black-Eyed Peas. In my opinion, Nightwish should be winning the grammy for best record, or song of the year, or whatever, rather than The Black-Eyed Peas, who seem to be good at sedating the masses with heavy basslines, and not much else.
That went way off topic, but returning now, on the Heavy Metal FTW blog, which can be found here, I happened to find a video from a French rapper who sampled from "Everdream". Now have you ever heard the French rap. Oh my gosh, it's absolutely hilarious. Here's the video:


Anyway, tomorrow's a song by my least favorite band. Let me tell you, the band has to be pretty bad for it to be my least favorite. I'll listen to just about everything.
Until tomorrow (hopefully),
T-WAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!