Things of interest

Quotes

"Home is not places, it is love." -- "Home Is Not Places" by The Apache Relay

Fairy Poodle

Fairy Poodle

My Thoughts

Sing loudly, passionately, with all your heart, for you've nothing to lose.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 8 of the thirty day song challenge

Hello everyone!
Man, I've just been getting lazy with these posts!
Anyway, today's day 8, a song I know all of the words to. That's both easy and hard at the same time.
Easy, because there are many songs that I know all of the words to. Hard because I have no idea which to pick.
Well, I've narrowed it down to one album, "Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice, Chapters 1-13" by HIM. This has to be one of my favorite albums of all time. The first five or six songs are amazing, but after that, though the songs are still awesome, they can't compare to the first few songs. This is an album that I sing along with at the top of my lungs regardless of who's listening.
Which song.... Hmm....
Y'know, I think I'll post two for this one. Technically I'm supposed to post one a day, but what the heck.
The two songs are "In Venere Veritas," and "Scared to Death," which happen to be the first two on the album. There's really no profanity in either song, which is good, because I sing them all the time. Well, anyway, here they are.

And here's "Scared to Death."

I find this group kind of funny for a rock group. Their lyrical style is totally different from any other group I've ever heard. All of their stuff is about love, relationships, heartbreak, and other things of the like. Heartbreak is a common theme for rock, but the way HIM speaks about it is totally different.

Oh, random end-of-post topic! The other day, I got to advertise for my karate school by wearing a large fat panda costume made to look like "Po" from Kung Fu Panda. It was quite an experience. First I spent fifteen minutes trying to figure out how to get the costume on, then, when the head instructor and I had finally figured it out, I walked outside and stood by the side of the road, waving, dancing, and doing random karate forms (yes, in a heavy panda costume). Overall, I think it was a good experience, though on two occasions, teenagers felt the need to profanely express with me their desire for me to engage in procreation (if you know what I mean) as they drove by. Finally, after an hour and a half, two of the parents called me inside, and said that I had been working for long enough.
A brief lesson that I learned from that experience: when standing in a costume by the side of the road, do air guitar as the cars pass by. They love it.

Okay, I honestly have no idea what day 9 is. But I will know tomorrow.
Adios!
T-WAC

1 comment:

  1. wow...sounds like fun. you really don't know how much i would have loved to see you in a panda costume doing air guitar. and you know i would have filmed it and put it up on youtube.

    oh, remember those videos i made of you guys the last time i came over? i haven't put those up yet because my computer has been acting like a turd. i will soon, though. mwahaha. evil laugh. XD of course, i will put them on my blog too, so you can see yourself as HAT MAN!

    ReplyDelete

You have been commanded by the Fairy Poodle to leave a comment (and vote on my polls)!

Labels

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!

Do Not Eat the Fairy Poodle!